Saturday, September 4, 2010

Here is a look under the cylinder head cover.
 For some reason I thought that it would be a little dirtier than it was.
Next I removed the cam chain tensioner, and the one of the cam retention bolts.  In order to get the last cam retention bolt off, I removed the contact breaker cover on the right (retained by two screws) and
turned the engine by clamping onto the large hexagonal washer, This allowed me to remove the last cam retention bolt and move the cam sprocket to the left.  I tied a small length of fishing line to the cam chain so that it would not fall down the tunnel, and then removed the cam chain from the cam sprocket.  Next I removed the cam shaft and the cam sprocket, by removing to the right hand side.


So there are some pics of the cam shaft and the cylinder head camshaft bearing surfaces (which seem a little scratched to me).  What do you guys think about the condition of everything?  Also I'm not entirely sure how or what I am supposed to be looking for when checking the rocker arm-to-rocker arm shaft clearance?  Any help on either of these topics?

No comments:

Post a Comment