Wednesday, September 8, 2010

ok so I cleaned the piston heads, and wiped out the block.  I then placed the clean pistons in the cylinders and measured the gap (front to back) between the piston and the cylinder wall, 0.003 slid between, but 0.004 and 0.005 would not fit. (below piston 1-4 in order)
today, I was going to go over to Werks Engineering in Virginia Beach to bring the cylinder block to be honed, because its still within spec right?  Now I think I just need some advice on where to get rings and what to do about the valves, I am still thinking about taking the bottom apart and replacing the cam chain at least, because like I said I have never heard this engine run at all, it supposedly has about 27k on it though.  Any advice for the machine shop or anything else?
(piston 4 below)

No comments:

Post a Comment